SAAYC Membership Camp 2017
Date : 04 to 07 December 2017
Venue : Okkie Jooste, Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
The Southern African Association of Youth Clubs Summer Camps present an environment where young people are moulded, guided and skilled to enhance their sense of responsibility and maximise their individual and collective energies for personal development and that of the broader society.
SAAYC has used camps as great tools to teach the youth value of Ubuntu and patriotism that contribute to social cohesion and prompt active citizenry and community service.
The Organisation has thus initiated annual youth camps as a vehicle through which young people from diverse backgrounds and provinces converge in one setting to learn and share inspirational experiences that will guide them towards their own development.
2017 the main topics will be Leadership, Being a South African and Social Cohesion/Justice as building foundations and contribution towards a more inclusive South Africa while addressing the current social challenges e.g. Women abduction and killings.
The 2017 camp will be hosted from 04 to 07 December 2017 in Western Cape, Stellenbosch. SAAYC contributes 60% through sponsorships towards the camp as a subsidy for members. Each participant is expected to contribute R1 500 before the end of October 2017. A deposit of R500 must be paid by 31 July 2017.
SAAYC camps focus on various elements of development through fun filled activities with the aim of getting youth to be more active through guided outdoor activities by trained instructors. Primary Camp Objectives
- To develop camaraderie and leadership skills among the youth
- To celebrate and enjoy life as a youth movement.
- To provide networking opportunities for members through adventurous activities.
- To create a temporary community that supports each other and guided by the objectives.
- To creates an opportunity for individual growth of members.
- To learn new skills and have fun.
- To provide a platform for members and staff to challenge themselves
Camp 2017 objectives
- To promote high quality leadership skills through activities for the sustainability of youth clubs.
- To help youth clubs understand national symbols and entrench the qualities of being a South African while taking care of our environment.
- To deepen the understanding of social cohesion and establishing a sense of social inclusion, belonging, purpose and individual empowerment.
- Individuals affiliated with SAAYC members who are between 16 to 30 years old
The camp fee is R1500