The Southern African Association of Youth Clubs Summer Camps present an environment where young people are moulded, guided and skilled to enhance their sense of responsibility and maximise their individual and collective energies for personal development and that of the broader society.
SAAYC has used camps as great tools to teach the youth value of Ubuntu and patriotism that contribute to social cohesion and prompt active citizenry and community service.
The Organisation has thus initiated annual youth camps as a vehicle through which young people from diverse backgrounds and provinces converge in one setting to learn and share inspirational experiences that will guide them towards own development
SAAYC camps focus on various elements of development through fun filled activities with the aim of getting youth to be more active through guided outdoor activities by trained instructors.
Primary Camp Objectives
- To develop camaraderie and leadership skills among the youth
- To celebrate and enjoy life as a youth movement.
- To provide networking opportunities for members through adventurous activities.
- To create a temporary community that supports each other and guided by the objectives.
- To creates an opportunity for individual growth of members.
- To learn new skills and have fun.
- To provide a platform for members and staff to challenge themselves
- To promote high quality leadership skills through activities for the sustainability of youth clubs.
- To help youth clubs understand national symbols and entrench the qualities of being a South African while taking care of our environment.
- Individuals affiliated with SAAYC members who are between 16 to 30 years old
The camp fee is for 2018 to be communicated.