Benefits and Costs
Membership to SAAYC is opened to all organised formations such as:
- Social youth clubs
- Faith based clubs
- Sports clubs
- Fine and Performing Arts Organisations
- Schools groups
- Youth Desks
- Youth Associations
- Business Groups and Cooperatives
- Joining/Registration Fee: R100.00 (0n approval of membership)
Renewal Fee: R70.00 (must be paid on 31 March annually, irrespective of date joined)
All applications can be made by filling the form and emailing it to email@example.com or faxing it to (011) 548 0028 or to our Provincial Coordinators.
For more information, please contact us on : (011) 674 -5405/6
Benefits of Membership
- Training [Capacity Building, club visit and support/mentoring/ access to national training activities]
- Education Opportunities including Jumpstart (MR Price, through the RedCap Foundation)
- Networking Opportunities – with similar focus groups and other members on database
- Leadership Opportunities [access and preference to opportunities offered by SAAYC partners]
- Access to Membership Holiday Camp which provides an opportunity for all members to network and showcase their talents and have fun.
- Access to Members Leadership Academy is designed to offer youth club leaders with the core skills necessary for effective development and growth of sustainable youth groups. The training camp covers topics such as leadership, functions and duties of executive committees and more.
- Representation at AGM [club membership must be paid up]
- Access to skills development which may result in members participating in various learnerships.
- Members’ Visits and Support are necessary for SAAYC to interact with clubs on a regular base. SAAYC staff is able to identify what are the needs of clubs and what is the leadership structure of each club. Club visits should be done regularly and preferably quarterly by the SAAYC regions and National Office.
- Access and use of our resources (this applies to members around the Centres)
- Access to publication and information on youth development and best practice models.
- Access to referrals on service provision and national or regional events.
- Youth groups benefit from specialised training and capacity building programmes.
Termination of membership
Membership of SAAYC Members is terminated per rules and regulations as stipulated by SAAYC Constitution.