SAAYC ANNUAL CAMPS
The Southern African Association of Youth Clubs Summer Camps present an environment where young people are moulded, guided and skilled to enhance their sense of responsibility and maximise their individual and collective energies for personal development and that of the broader society.
SAAYC has used camps as great tools to teach the youth value of Ubuntu and patriotism that contribute to social cohesion and prompt active citizenry and community service.
The Organisation has thus initiated annual youth camps as a vehicle through which young people from diverse backgrounds and provinces converge in one setting to learn and share inspirational experiences that will guide them towards their own development.
2019 the main topics will be Leadership, Social Cohesion ,Global and Active Citizenship, ICT Trends and the Best Youth Club Models as building foundations for the outdoor activities.
The 2019 camp will be hosted from 02-06 December 2019 Sweet Dale ,Margate in Kwa Zulu Natal . SAAYC aims to contribute 100% towards the camp as a subsidy for members throuh the assistance of stragic partners and donors .
Each participant is expected to meet the critetria of the SAAYC Membership Loyalty Programme.
SAAYC camps focus on various elements of development through fun filled activities with the aim of getting youth to be more active using obstacle courses guided by trained instructors.
Primary Camp Objectives
- To develop solidarity and leadership skills among the youth
- To give participants an opportunity to celebrate and enjoy life as a part youth movement.
- To create a temporary community that supports each other and guided by common objectives.
- To creates an opportunity for individual growth of members.
- To learn new skills and have fun.
- To provide a platform for members and staff to challenge themselves
Camp 2019 objectives
- To promote high quality leadership skills through activities for the sustainability of youth clubs.
- To help youth clubs understand the importance of playing an active role in society and entrench the qualities of serving beyond the call of duty.
- To deepen the understanding of social cohesion and establishing a sense of social inclusion, belonging, purpose and individual empowerment.
- To sensitize participants about the evolving ICT Trends across South Africa and the globe
Contributions for this Impact Programme
R 13 417.41
- Young people affiliated with SAAYC clubs and centre beneficiaries who are between 18 and 34 years.
By contributing to SAAYC, you can help sustain a unique legacy that contributes to the making of a just society.
Learn more about the programmes run by SAAYC by choosing one of the focus areas or impact programmes you would like to support.
For any further queries, contact email@example.com.
For registration of the annual camp
Click here to upload your documents.