1. The focus of the module
The focus of the module is to provide youth organisation leaders with a basic understanding of leadership and the role a leader plays in the running of an organisation.
The module covers topics such as a role of a leader in the organisation and community, leadership ethics, transformational leadership, attributes of a leader and leadership succession plan.
The programme has 10 modules of 45 to 60 min per session.
2. Modules covered
- Understanding Leadership
- Attributes of a leader
- Negotiating and Networking as a leader
- Leader as a Motivator and Coach
- Leadership actions, attitude and styles
- Self-managed teams
- How leaders respond to situation at hand
- Leadership Ethics , Diversity and culture
- Development of leaders and succession plan